Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adventure - Day 1

Does everyone remember Russel Peteres and his joke about when you land on India and you will be blasted with the smell. Well I had something like that. I wasn’t blasted form the smell, I was blasted by the heat and humidity. I was choking from the humidity...it is crazy. How will I survive 4 years? Hopefully I will be back in 1 year because I know I won't survive 4 years in this heat with nothing but fast food everyday for food. That’s when a brain wave hit me...I will buy a rice cooker and cook my own foods!! It was the best plan ever but then after a long time of looking around...THERES NO ASIAN STORES!! I already bought the rice cooker and there was a no refund policy...so now I’m stuck with a rice cooker and instant noodle bowls.
Before buying my rice cooker, I went to find my dorms...
OMFG DARWIN IS MASSIVE....just no population lol. I took like 30mins just to find where brown precinct was which is where all the dorms are in. The moment i opened my dorm room I was shocked! It was like the worst place I could ever stay....it was so....DIRTY!! I spent the next 4 hours cleaning it up. Surprising the uni is 5mins walk from a shopping centre like Chadstone except its worse…there’s no arcade=NO DJ MAX TECHNICA=NO GHOST SQUAD= SHATTERED DARREN! After the cleaning I went to buy books. I got lost on the way back…CARRIED 20KGS WORTH OF BOOKS FOR 20MINS!!! Anyways after that map reading fail I went to visit my family friends house..or should I say mansion. It’s like a combo of the land area of Templestow, the river behind a house of Patterson Lakes, the metro and simple house design of beach side houses and the fame of suburbs such as Toorak. I wish I could stay here instead of the dorms because like if you drop one hair its SOOO visible… that’s how clean it is, lol. Has a massive swimming pool and I can fish crabs and fish on the backyard boat dock. Anyways the time ran out to awe at the house so I went to the wharf to have dinner and watch the sunset. It was beautiful as.....well I don't need to finish it. I’m trying to get a photobucket account up so everyone can see the pictures. After my slow dinner, I came back to the pool. To cool down from the heat…WHY DO I SWEAT FROM JUST WALKING FROM THE DOOR TO THE CAR!! Anyway now I’m crashing at their house for the night. Its getting pretty late so I’ll stop my rant now.

Cya tomorrows =]


No Regrets
DJ Long

No comments:

Post a Comment